What is a Call to Action?
A call to action is a word or phrase used to entice the user to do something.
In most cases, the term call to action refers to the label of -- i.e., the words printed inside -- a click-able button. The term also applies to linked copy and plain imperative text. In other words, the call to action is the part of the copy that tells people what to do.
- A button labeled Buy It Now! at the bottom of a product description.
- A hyperlinked copy: "Our store is open on Sundays. Come visit us." -- where the latter sentence is hyperlinked to the location of the store on a map.
- A request to perform some manual action, such as "Call us now at 800 555-1212" with no hyperlink.
Also Known As:
How to Use Call to Action in Email Marketing?
- 7 Tips for a Powerful Email Call to Action, on PracticalEcommerce.com
- 10 Tips to Optimize Your Calls to Action, on CampaignMonitor.com