What is Automation?
Automation is technology that replaces manual control, monitoring and production processes with programmed equivalent.
Marketing automation is automation applied to the monitoring and control of digital marketing processes: analytics, outreach, lead harvesting, content production and distribution, asset optimization, etc.
What is Email Marketing Automation?
Email marketing automation is a subset of marketing automation which applies to email marketing processes.
Many email communications can be automated; that is, they can be programmed to fill the content dynamically and then dispatch as soon as a relevant event occurs. Automated email messages only need to be created once, and are automatically sent based on pre-established conditions. The latter conditions can be a purchase, a list registration or de-registration, or any other action or significant condition.
- A customer makes a purchase
- An personalized, automated message is created
- The system sends the message
- A customer service thread is created to accommodate further service requests through replies
- Automation on Technopedia