What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a promotion system that allows content publishers to promote products sold by external vendors and get paid for each sale.
Affiliate marketing is similar to advertising, with the difference that the publisher gets paid only on completed sales.
How Affiliate Marketing Works?
Affiliate marketing requires at least two, but often 3 tiers:
- A vendor, who is in charge of selling the product
- An affiliate, who promotes the product through special links
- Optionally, an affiliate marketplace: a third party that tracks transactions between the two above
Affiliates create sites and content that promote an affiliate product. The link directs the visitor to the vendor's site. If and when the user buys the target product, the vendor pays a portion of the sale (i.e., a commission) to the affiliate.
Affiliate Marketing and Emails
Email is the simplest way to promote affiliate links. Since email messages are used to promote blogs in newsletters, the email channel is also an efficient gateway to direct subscribers to affiliate sites.
- Affiliate Marketing on Wikipedia
- A detailed explanation on ShoutMeLoud
- A complete guide to get you started on MasterBlogging
Image already added